Friday, April 15, 2011

Old English Sheepdog

OK, I'm not sure this one's for us either, but Lesley loves the fluffiness, so I had to give it a shot. It actually looks like a pretty decent apartment dog, from what I'm reading, despite its size. Maybe I should be more open minded.

English Sheepdog - I can't see you

Size: 60-100 lbs 
Life expectancy: 10-12 years
Grooming: Constant brushing and grooming
Shedding: Slight shedding

Pros
Fluffy
Fun loving dog that's easy going and acts like a puppy for years
Herds people by bumping into them (that's just funny)
Easy to train

Cons
Really big for our apartment
Lots of work to take care of that coat

It actually sounds like a great dog, and a great companion to have. However, I'm concerned about the size and I'm not sure I can keep up with all that brushing work. What do you think? Let us know in the comments and please vote in the poll on the right.

Sources: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/oldenglishsheepdog.htm
http://www.akc.org/breeds/old_english_sheepdog/

***If you would like to recommend another dog, please leave a comment below***

1 comment:

  1. What's next Sheep? He looks very big for an apartment. Would it be fair to keep a dog this big indoors most of the day? What is he going to herd? He will almost be as big as little Lesley. I don't know he is a long way from a corgi.

    ReplyDelete